Monday, June 24, 2013

Weight Loss Challenge

So I haven't done a post for a little while, this post is a bit different its all about me really. I thought I would share my story as I try to get to pre baby weight for our holiday in September, although at new year I made a resolution to get back to pre baby weight for Ruby's 1st birthday as a target so if I don't make it for holiday I can give my self an extra month to do it in :-)

We have both been on health kicks on and off for the last few months, so on the 27th May I weighed myself on one of those machines in the supermarket and I was 12st 5lb or 78.5kg :-( my pre baby weight target is 72kg, and to be honest I will be very happy at that. I could go lighter but I used to be happy with my body at that weight so I think it is an achievable healthy weight for me and will mean I can wear a bikini, maybe, on holiday :-) 

We had a healthy diet week after this weigh in and Gary lost some but I think I lost half a pound which felt rubbish, I couldn't help thinking that exercise is what is missing for me, other than the nights I go to work and I am on the move constantly. I don't really eat rubbish or even a lot of anything, I just enjoy nice food and have a big tea. 

So then the bike trailer arrived and I thought right lets get to it, Gary is great and really supportive with anything like this. So we have for the last week been for a bike ride every night with Ruby come rain or shine, but we only have the one bike so have taken it in turns to bike a section then jog a section, I guess it could be called interval training maybe.  I defiantly feel after a week of doing this I am recovering better from my jogging section and I have increased my jog length whilst also increasing the biking section, we probably do 3 miles a night. So I had been feeling fitter toward the end of the week, before I got pregnant I used to go to the gym 3 times a week and swim, it is nice to start feeling like I am getting my fitness back :-) 

We haven't really dieted this last week but we have tried to cut out snacks, and whilst I have been at work I had no chocolate which is unusual as on nights you hit a time in the night when you practically crave sugar, I had weetabix and a little maple syrup instead still sugar I know but better than 2 Galaxy's. 

So this weeks weigh in I have to say I was sort of looking forward to, as on Friday I fitted into a pair of trousers I haven't worn since before bump :-) and Other clothes weren't as tight, this all meant for the first time in ages I was feeling confident about having lost something. 
The result was I weighed in this week at 11st 13.5lb or 75.8kg woop woop I can not believe it I am so chuffed I text Gary in the middle of the night to tell him as I did it on a break at work, nobody around to take the p**s ;-) 
So this week will be more bike rides and jogging, I am still not too worried about what we eat as it is a fairly healthy diet anyway, but maybe next week for an extra push I will reduce our portions and cut out various naughty things, we will see.

I am going to use the Runkeeper App on my phone to track our distances and will share with you in the next weight loss challenge post :-) 


No comments:

Post a Comment