Thursday, June 20, 2013

Our Book from PEEP - OCN

Whilst we have been going to our local Peep sessions, I have completed the Open College Network- Learning Together with Babies Level 2 course, simply by documenting what we have done each week.  I haven't had it marked yet, but thought I would share it with you. Its been really good fun sticking pictures in and doing a little writing :-) hopefully I will pass.



This is the front cover, everyone in our session has a different style front cover, I really wanted to include Gary and Mika the cat on ours, so I chose to do a collage of snaps.


This is the points you have to cover off and the differnet ways to show them, most of mine I have done  photos with notes as it looks good in a scrap book style.


First page, this is a picture of our first Peep session, if you have read my other Peep post you will know this was the one where Ruby cryed for the whole session, apart from here where she stopped for a cuddle, I didnt even know they took photos. It is one of the reasons I love going as I actually get some pics of me a Ruby together.


Photos of Messy play, think I will have a couple more before this gets marked but you get the idea.


Some handprints we have done, I think Ruby was 6 months when we did these.


Body language question- all about how Ruby responds to body langauge.


My favourite, the book question- all about why sharing books with your baby is important.


Senses question- describing how Ruby responds to different sights, sounds, and smells and what she likes to taste and touch.


Communication- how and when your baby communicates with you and how you encourage them.


Songs- really easy to complete as we sing every session, - how songs amd rhymes help babys communication skills.


How your baby explores the world and the choices they are making, this was a great session, we did a show and tell and took in Rubys favourite toy, her music player, then showed eveyone. It was great seeing the variety of different toys.


This was a tricky one, describing how you have encouraged your baby to achieve something new through, opportunities, recognition, interaction and modelling framework, something everyone does every day but tricky to write how. 


I wish I had done this page once a month from when we started, basically documenting all your babies achievements, milestones and efforts.



Describing a routine you follow that helps you both :-) the only one with no pictures, so I went all out on coloured pens instead :-)
Just another fun thing I would never have thought I would do, and the reason I did is Ruby.





















2 comments:

  1. Neat idea. I wish I would have done that for my daughter before she turned one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey :-) i am so pleased we did it! Start now with something similar never to late :-) x

      Delete