Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pasta Recipe


A couple of weeks ago I knocked Ruby up a pasta sauce with tinned tomatoes, a red pepper, a courgette, a clove of garlic and a few herbs, she absolutely loved it and it was really simple to do, so I wished I had taken some pics to share. I hadn't so I cooked up another batch to share with you guys.

I changed it slightly mainly as I didn't have all the ingredients, but it was still just as tasty, not quite as good as the pepper alternative, I used mushrooms this time, this is also the first proper home made meal Rubes has had with mushrooms in.

I also didn't have a tin of plum tomatoes so I used fresh ones we had in the fridge.

First I steamed the tomatoes and courgettes, as I was lacking in other ingredients I used 2 medium sized courgettes and 6 normal size tomatoes, once they were steamed I chucked them in a pan with a splash of boiled water, enough so its saucy. Then I washed and sliced the mushrooms and popped them in and crushed the tomatoes, then I simply let it all simmer for probably 10 mins whilst I boiled some pasta up.

Once the pasta and the sauce were cooked I blitzed them in the blender, and served to our little piggy :-). These quantities make masses of sauce so have some tubs ready or freezer bags and freeze for a quick fix tea for another few meals.

No added salt, fresh ingredients, quick, easy and cheap. Oh and tasty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment