Thursday, August 22, 2013

Baby Spag Bol :-)

Another little recipe for my followers who are also weaning, this is even more popular with Ruby than the Pasta recipe. This is the recipe we introduced mince with.

I dry fried about 1lb of mince in a fairly deep pan with half a chopped onion, and then crushed a clove of garlic, chopped it and chucked it in too. Once the mince was nice and brown, sprinkle in some herbs I used basil and sage. Next put the tinned tomatoes in, I used plum tomatoes and chopped them in the can myself but if you have chopped in your cupboard just use them. 




I grated some carrot in and then decided to add some courgette, sliced and quartered. Leave it too cook, then blitz it with a blender, or if you have one, a baby blender like the Tommee Tippee Explora one I have used. It is great makes a nice size portion, has 3 settings and is easy to clean, I love ours and have used it from the first spoonful, worth investing in. 




For the spaghetti I mixed into the sauce, I just cooked it like normal, drained and stretched it across the chopping board and then chopped it to little lengths I knew Ruby would eat, as your baby hits different stages you can alter this to suit, also altering the amount you blender the sauce, evenly not blending at all. 

Very easy tasty recipe, I used Tesco Value Spaghetti and tinned tomatoes, carrots onions and garlic nice and cheap, the mince was from the local butchers (so I know there is only good stuff in the mince) and the courgettes were a freebie from a friends garden, so a bargain meal makes loads! 

Give it a try :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment